It was great to see so many of you at our September Club Night and AGM. There was a real buzz about the place.
MK MGOC has already managed to complete some events since the change to “lockdown” rules.
- Run to Graffham Water with lunch at the Wheatsheaf.
- Run to Broughton Castle with lunch at the Saye and Sele Arms.
- Ian & Yvonne have managed to attend 4 or 5 Touring events in the last couple of months. They are also going to the South Downs Run with Martin & Jackie next week
- Terry, Mike and Alan have managed to go on tours of Norfolk and Sussex
- We know it has been a tough 18 months and know some of you have had a truly dreadful time
- Ian and I have been running the club for 8 years and we really need your thoughts and ideas for what you all want from the club so we can start planning events for the rest of 2021 and through 2022
- In order for this to happen EVERYONE AGREED TO REPLY TO E MAILS FROM THE CLUB (it’s so frustrating and disappointing when no-one responds).
ACTION REQUIRED from everyone:
WILL YOU ALL PLEASE REPLY TO THIS E MAIL WITH YOUR THOUGHTS ON WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE FROM THE CLUB / WHAT KIND OF EVENTS YOU WANT TO DO.
Just a monthly social meet and a chat
Dinner outings / when? / where to?
Motorsports events / any in particular
Touring groups / Any particular events?
Static shows / eg Kimbolton – etc
We will consolidate your comments into a proposed plan for 2021/2022 and hopefully bring it to the October meeting…..but please respond, you have to help us out.
I am extremely grateful to Ian Whipp for keeping the finances and website under control. Thank you Ian, it is much appreciated.
Ian presented an Audit Report covering the period November 2019 to July 2021 (Please let us know if you want a copy)
Our finances have taken a pounding as we have had ongoing costs but no income from subscriptions, events or regalia (sweat shirts, polo shirts etc).
Our credit balance has dropped from £461.63 to £71.53
It was proposed and agreed that our subs would cover an extended period through to November 2022 but that members would pay £20 (to cover this longer period and help support our finances.
Please make sure you get your subs to Ian as soon as possible. BACS payments are possible – just let us know and we’ll send details.
(NB If you have any difficulty in paying the subs, please have a quiet word with Ian or myself, we want our club to be as inclusive as possible)
SHORT TERM EVENTS PROPOSED:
7th Oakley Classic Car Show
Proposed by Stephen. Around 240 cars attend.
The event runs from 6 – 9pm but he recommends getting there early (5pm) as there is a long queue for food
15th Mid Month Pub Run for dinner
Let us know if you’re interested and we’ll get something set up
25/26th Sywell Pistons and Props
Proposed by Cliff. It’s always a good day out
25th & 26th Kop Hill Climb
A marvellous historic and friendly event that includes so many great cars
12th to 14th Classic Car Show at the NEC
A group of us usually go – it’s great. Do you want to join us?
1st Club Night and Christmas Dinner at the Inn on the Lake
I have booked 20 places for 7pm for 7.30pm.
3 Courses £25.95 2 courses £19.95
Please let me know if you want to attend. (Menu Included see below)
Menu – Xmas 2021
1st Cobweb Duster.
A hugely popular event, We’ll meet at the Inn on the Lake on New Years Day and drive across
country to a great pub chosen by Martin and Jackie for a drink and a chat with friends – a fantastic way to start the year.
Let us know if you want to come so Martin can get us all booked in